When you connect the extender to network and open a web browser window, it automatically takes you to the Netgear genie setup page. But this is not always the case! Sometimes, when you launch a web browser, it opens nothing but a new window.
If the scenario is quite similar to you, let us first tell you that there is no need to worry at all. It is a common issue experienced by millions around the globe. In the case, you just have to manually enter the default mywifiext.net web address in the URL bar. Re-check the entered web address. Because wrongly entered URL can take you to another web page or cause issues. Once done, hit the enter key. Doing so will connect you with Netgear genie smart setup wizard.
When you connect with the setup wizard, it will provide you with below-given on-screen steps to follow:
- Connect to Netgear Extender wireless network.
- Now,Netgear genie will display a list of existing WiFi networks within the range.
- Choose the name of network you would like to extend and click continue.
- In case the network has enabled wireless security function, you need to enter the password.
- If you own a dual-band router, choose the 5GHZ WiFi networks and hit continue.
- As soon as the extender starts connecting with the router, you will prompt to change the WiFi settings of your extender.
- In case you don’t want to change the extender settings for now, click continue button.
- Now, you will see a new screen. When it occurs, it means your PC has automatically disconnected from the wireless network.
- Cross-check the settings to make sure they are correct.
- Next, connect to your extender network once again.
- Finally, close the genie setup page by clicking on finish button.
Got an issue while following these steps of Netgear genie setup wizard? We can help you! Just contact our experts at 1-855-439-4345 and let them get the job done for you.